Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wet, Wet, Wet!

With Hurricane Alex threatening to hit this area, it's been quite busy the last 24 hours.  I went ahead and released the three female Queen butterflies yesterday.  Even though we've had some rainfall in the last 24 hours, I'm sure they found shelter and are safe and sound.

I have two male Monarchs and one female left.  I'm hoping they will mate soon and she will lay a few more eggs for me.  I have them in a small pavillion with a Milkweed plant.  The presence of the plant encourages them to mate.

It now appears we will not get a direct hit from Hurricane Alex but will merely get some rain and a little wind.  I sure am enjoying the break from the severe heat.  It has been quite rough the last month or so. 


(It seems Hurricane Alex will not hit us directly.  Whew!)


Our new eggs have yet to hatch.  We're watching them closely and will keep you posted.

Happy Monarching!


Caleb & Janae Warren
savethemonarch1@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment